The need to have an image that matches a project’s narrative and stylistic approach calls for color grading and color correction.
Though in the past it might have only been used for restoration, it is now a quintessential phase in post-production. Constant communication between the colorist and the client allow for the creator’s intention and force to shine through.
LaserFilm’s post-production studio is an absolute benchmark for Color Correction and Color Grading. Experience, technical know-how, and state-of-the-art technology allow us to smoothly handle world-class films and productions.
The ability to work remotely via broadband connection, and large workspaces that allow directors and their team to partake in every phase, are two indispensable elements during the frenetic post-production phase.
Our Barco DP4K-P projector allows for playback of native 4K content and, thanks to the wide-color gamut filters, precise color matching as well. DaVinci Resolve 16 software, optimized for the post-production workflow, together with the Blackmagic Design Resolve Editor Keyboard, make our Color Grading and Color Correction studio the most advanced in Europe.
LaserFilm – Video Department
We provide Grading and Color Correction, Graphics, DCP Mastering (DCI up to 4k stereoscopic), and broadcast content delivery. The workflow is handled in a timely manner while maintaining the utmost quality and security, with the use of Aspera faspex.
- 2 Screening Rooms
- BARCO 4K Dolby Atmos 7.1 / 5.1
- 2 Screening Rooms
- BARCO 2K Dolby Digital 7.1 / 5.1
- 1 Screening Room
- HD 5.1
- DVS clipster with SpycerBox SAN – DCP creation
- HP Z820 – QC file with BATON software
- DELL PRECISION T7500 – Graphics
- Second 2K graphics workstation
- MAC – Conforming
- DaVinci RESOLVE – dailies
- DIAMANT – film restoration
- 2 MAC workstations with Final Cut- video services, capturing and output, file creation
- Audio/Video services – file creation
- DELL – BD encoding, capturing and output
- Scenarist – DVD authoring
- 2 MAC workstations with PRO TOOLS- audio services and audio restoration
- 2 workstations with FILMEDIT – subtitle creation
- SWIFT – subtitle engraving on magnetic medium
- HP Z800 LUSTRE + Lustre Control Panel – Color Correction
- DELL – Scenarist BD Authoring
- DCP master on HDD
- HP Z600 –ingesting media
- HP ProDesk – delivery
- CatDV storage online/offline
- NAS ISILON 200 TB
- SAN ACCUSYS 120 TB
- NAS QNAP 300 TB
- QNAP 8TB (FTP)
- SPYCERBOX 40 TB
BACKUP ON TAPE
LTO-5 CACHE-A + 40 tape library